- Camarda, Guido and Scovazzi, Tulio, (eds.), (2002), The Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage: Legal Aspects, Milan: Giuffrè Editore.
- Forrest, Craig J. S, (2010), International Law and the Protection of Cultural Heritage, Oxon, Routledge.
- Stemm, Gregory and Kingsley, Sean, (2010), Oceans Odyssey: Deep-Sea Shipwrecks in the English Channel, Straits of Gibraltar and Atlantic Ocean, Oxford and Oakville, CT: Oxbow Books.
- O'Keefe, Patrick J, (2002), Shipwrecked Heritage: A Commentary on the UNESCO Convention on Underwater Cultural Heritage, Institute of Art and Law.
- Bederman, David J, (1998-99), “Historic Salvage and the Law of the Sea”, University of Miami Inter-American Law Review, Vol. 30, No. 1.
- Blake, Janet E, (1996), “The Protection of Underwater Cultural Heritage”, International & Comparative Law Quarterly, Vol. 45, No. 4.
- Bryant, Christopher. R, (2001), “The Archaeological Duty of Care: The Legal, Professional, and Cultural Struggle over Salvaging Historic Shipwrecks”, Albany Law Review, No. 65.
- Dorsey, Wiliam R, (2000), “Historic Salvors, Marine Archaeologists, and the UNESCO Draft Convention on the Underwater Cultural Heritage”, Paper Delivered at Houston Marine Insurance Seminar 2000
, available at www.houstonmarineseminar.com
- Dromgoole, Sarah, (2003), “2001 UNESCO Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage”, The International Journal of Marine and Coastal Law, Vol. 18, No. 1.
- Dromgoole, Sarah, (2004), “Murky Waters for Government Policy: The Case of a 17th Century British Warship and 10 Tonnes of Gold Coins”, Marine Policy, Vol. 28, No. 3.
- Dromgoole, Sarah and Gaskell, Nicholas, (1998), “Interests in Wreck”, in N. Palmer and E. McKendrick (eds.), Interests in Goods, London and Hong Kong: Lloyd’s of London Press, Second Edition.
- Garabello, Roberta, (2003), “The Negotiating History of the Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage”, in Roberta Garabello and Tullio Scovazzi (eds.), The Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage: Before and after the 2001 UNESCO Convention, Leiden and Boston: Martinus Nijhoff Publishers.
- Hutchinson, Gillian, (1996), “Threats to Underwater Cultural Heritage. The Problems of Unprotected Archaeological and Historic Sites, Wrecks and Objects Found at Sea”, Marine Policy, Vol. 20, No. 4.
- Marryman, John Henry, (2009), “Two Ways of Thinking about Cultural Property”, in J. Merryman, Thinking about the Elgin Marbles: Critical Essays on Cultural Property, Art and Law, Kluwer Law International, 2nd Edition.
- Nafziger, James A. R, (2000), “Historic Salvage Law Revisited”, Ocean Development & International Law, Vol. 31, No. 1-2.
-O'Keefe, Patrick J. and Nafziger, James A. R, (1994), “Report: The Draft Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage”, Ocean Development on International Law, Vol. 25, No. 4.
- Parham, Dave and Stemm Gregory P, (2010), “Maritime Archaeology Business Models”, Nautical Archaeology Society Newsletter, Summer 2010.
- Stemm, Gregory P, (2000), “Differentiation of Shipwreck Artifacts as a Resource Management Tool”, Association of Dive Contractors/Marine Technology Society UI 2000 Conference, January 2000, (available at www.shipwreck.net).
- RMS Titanic Inc v Wrecked and Abandoned Vessel,924 F. Supp. 714, 722–723 (ED Va, 1996).
- RMS Titanic Inc v Wrecked and Abandoned Vessel, 9 F. Supp. 2d 624,639–640 (ED Va, 1998).
- RMS Titanic Inc v Wrecked and Abandoned Vessel, 286 F. 3d 194 (4th Cir (Va), 2002).
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, “The Underwater Cultural Heritage: Report of the Committee on Culture and Education”, Document 4200-E, Strasbourg, 1978.
- Recommendation 5 of the Scientific and Technical Advisory Body to the Meeting of States Parties, Third Meeting of the Advisory Body in April 2012 (UCH/12/3. STAB/220/9 REV, 20 April 2012).
- UNESCO Secretariat, “Feasibility Study for the Drafting of a New Instrument for the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage”, presented to the 146th Session of the UNESCO Executive Board, Paris, 23 March 1995, Doc. 146 EX/27.