- Ayoade, Morakinyo Adedayo., (2002), Disused Offshore Installations and Pipelines, The Hague, Kluwer Law International.
- Corcoran, John, (1997), The Decommissioning of Offshore Oil & Gas
Fields – Volume One: the Regulatory Framework, Herefordshire, Oil Field Publications Ltd.
- Gao, Zhiguo, (1998), Environmental Regulation of Oil and Gas, London, Kluwer Law International.
- Gordon, Greg, Paterson, John and Üşenmez, Emre., (2011) Oil and Gas
Law. Current Practice and Emerging Trends, Second Edition, Dundee, Dundee University Press.
- Hammerson, Marc, (2011) Upstream Oil and Gas: Cases, Materials and Commentary, London, Globe Business Publishing Ltd.
- Peters, Paul,. Soons, Alfred and Zima, Lucie., (1983) Removal of
Installation in the Exclusive Economic Zone, Nederlands Yearbook of
International Law, Volume XV, Martinus Nihhoff Publishers, Hlm.
- Vinogradov, Sergei, (2007) Environmental Protection in the Petroleum
Industry, Encyclopaedia of Hydrocarbons, Rome, ENI, Volume IV.
- Abdullahi, Baba Ahmed and Zawawi, Amila Wan., (2014), “Offshore
Platform Decommissioning: the Need for a Cost Index”, Paper Given at South
East Asia Structural Engineering and Construction Conference, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Bentham, Richard, (1999), “The Abandonment of Offshore Installations:
the North Sea in the International Context”, Paper Given at CPMLP, University of Dundee.
- Bentham, Richard, (1988) “The Abandonment of Offshore Installations in
the North Sea”, International Bar Association Section on Energy and Natural
Resources Law, Energy Law, Vol. 58.
- Beckman, Robert, (2012), “Global Legal Regime on the Decommissioning
of Offshore Installations and Structures” , paper given at CPMLP, University of Dundee.
- Buckman, David, (1994), “Abandonment - the North Sea's Newest
Industry”, Petroleum Review, Vol. 48.
- Dundas, William, (1993), “Abandonment of Offshore Installations in the
U.K.C: Overview, Recent Legal Developments and Some Practical
Considerations”, unpublished paper, CEMPLE, University of Dundee.
- FitzGerald John, (1996), “How Is Decommissioning Regulated?” IBC
Technical Conference on Decommissioning Offshore Structures Project and Policy, Royal Lancaster, London.
- Gao, Zhiguo, (1996), “Current Issue of International Law on Offshore
Abandonment: With Special Reference to the United Kingdom”, Conference on
Minimizing the Impact of Decommissioning.
- Tilling, Maureen, (1996), “The Maureen Alpha Platform
Decommissioning”, Conference held in Kuala Lumpur, 13-14 November.
- Holt, O'Donnell, (1996), “The Impact of Legislation: Recent International
Policy Developments”, Minimizing the Impact of Decommissioning, Institute of
Petroleum Conference, London.
- Higgins, Rosalyn, (2001), “Abandonment of Energy Sites and Structures:
Relevant International Law” JENRL, Vol 11.
- Kaiser, Mark, (2014), “Clarifying GOM decom Costs: Settled-liability data provide insight for cost estimates”, Oil & Gas Journal, Vol 112.
- Kaiser, Mark. Liu, Zhen, (2014), “Decommissioning cost estimation in the
deepwater U.S. Gulf of Mexico - Fixed platforms and compliant towers” Marine Structures, Vol 37.
- Kasoulides, George, (1989), “Removal of Offshore Platforms and the
Development of International Standards”, Maritime Policy, Vol. 13.
- Pereira, Eduardo, (2012), “Protection against Default in Long Term
Petroleum Joint Ventures” Oxford Institute for Energy Studies.
- Pual, McDade, (1987), “The Removal of Offshore Installations and
Conflicting Treaty Obligations as a Resualt of the Emergence of the New Law of
the Sea: a Case Study” Sand Diego Law Review, Vol. 24.
- Publisher Association, (1996), “An International Workshop on Offshore
Lease Abandonment and Platform Disposal: Technology, Regulation and
Environmental Effects”, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Piction, Tuberville, (2002), “Decommissioning of Offshore Installations:
the Legal Aspects” OGLTR, Vol. 16.
- Macreadie, Peter and Fowler, Ashley and Booth, David, (2011), “Rigs-toreefs:
with the Deep Sea Benefit from Artificial Habitat?” Front Ecol Enviro.
- Reggiani, Sivapalan, (2001), “Environmental Law and the
Decommissioning of Offshore Installations; the Italian and International
Regulatory Framework”, OG LTR, Vol. 5.
- Testa, David, (2014), “Dealing With Decommissioning Costs of Offshore
Oil and Gas Field Installations: An Appraisal of Existing Regimes” OGEL, Vol. 1.
- Twomey, Billy and Al-Hassan. Shakib, (2006), “The Use of Explosive
Technology for the Decommissioning of Offshore Installations”, IBC Asia, The
Economics of Platform Decommissioning, Kuala Lumpur.
- Youna Lyons, (2014), “Abandoned Offshore Installations in Southeast Asia
and the Opportunity for Rigs-To-Reefs”, Center for International Law,
Singapore, National University of Singapore.
International Conventions and Agreements:
- Abidjan Convention for Co-Operation in the Protection and Development
of the Marine and Coastal Environment of the West and Central African Region
1981, 20 ILM (1981) 746.
- Barcelona Convention on the Protection of the Mediterranean Sea against
- Geneva Convention on the Continental Shelf 1958, 52 AJIL (1958) 858.
- Helsinki Convention on the Protection of the Marine Environment of the
Baltic Sea Area, 9 April 1992, in K.R. Simmonds, (ed.), New Directions in the
Law of the Sea Binder (London: Oceana Publications, 1993), Doc. J47.
- IMO Guidelines and Standards for the Removal of Offshore Installations
and Structures on the Continental Shelfand Exclusive Economic Zone, IMO
Resolution A. 673 (16), adopted 19 October 1989.
- Kuwait Protocol Concerning Marine Pollution Resulting from Exploration
and Exploitation of the Continental Shelf, in M. Gavouneli, Pollution from
Offshore Installations, (London: Graham & Trotman, 1995), Annex II, pp.175- 183.
- Kuwait Protocol on the Control of Marine Transboundary Movements and
Disposal of Hazardous Wastes and Other Wastes, Kuwait: ROMPME, 1998.
- Kuwait Regional Convention for Co-operation on the Protection of the Marine Environment from Pollution, 1978, 17 ILM (1978).
- London Convention on the Prevention of Marine Pollution by the Dumping
of Wastes and Other Matter, 11 ILM (1972) 1302.
- Oslo Convention for the Prevention of Marine Pollution by Dumping from
Ships and Aircraft, 11 ILM (1972) 262.
- OSPAR Convention for the Protection of the Marine Environment in the
North East Atlantic, 32 ILM (1993) 1069.
- Paris Convention for the Prevention of Marine Pollution from Land Based
Sources Convention, 13 ILM (1974) 352.
- Rio Declaration on the Environment and Development, 31 ILM (1992) 876.
- UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, 10 December 1982, 21 ILM (1982) 1261.
- Towards Sustainable Decommissioning of Oil Fields and Mines: A Toolkit to Assist Government Agencies. World Bank Multistakeholder Initiative. Draft Version (2010).
- http://www.greenpeace.org, last visited on 2015/3/5.
- http://www.offshore-mag.com/history/index.cfm, last visited on 2015/3/7.
- http://www.oilandgasuk.co.uk/cmsfiles/modules/publications/pdfs/OP098.p df, last visited on 2015/2/7.
- http://www.un.org/Depts/los/convention_agreements/texts/unclos/unclos_e. pdf, visited on 2015/2/7.
- http://www.oxfordenergy.org/wpcms/wpcontent/ uploads/2012/05/WPM_47.pdf.
- http://www.imo.org/ourwork/legal/documents/6.pdf, last visited on 2015/3/7.
- http://www.ospar.org, last visited on 2015/3/5.
- http://ropme.org, last visited on 2015/3/12.
- http://www.wmu.se, last visited on 2015/4/5.